Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Duration: up to 6 months
Working language: English
Who are we?
Situated in Lisbon, our humble team consists of people from all around the world who would like to change society for the better, while sharing the love for surfing. Supporting different perceptions, open-mindset and love for reservation of nature can bring amazing results for humanity and that is why Surfgasm – Lisbon Surf School & Guesthouse Experience was born. For the past 8 years, we built a network of student residences and guest-houses in Lisbon. Last year we started a surf camp and a lot of different and exciting tours and activities around and in Lisbon.
What are the main tasks?
Depends on the position, can be explained when applying or in case of an interest.
What do we expect from you?
- C1 level of English
- Active approach to communicate with people
- Presentable manner and acting towards guest
- Representing our company the best way possible
- Organization, punctuality and carrying approach towards the guests and the guesthouses
- Multi-tasking and handling the diversity of the position
- Team-player – it’s important we all get along and create synergistic effect
- Ability to make responsible choices
- Ability to take initiative and proactive approach
What knowledge and skills can you gain during the internship?
- Experience with working in international team
- Reinforcement of your language skills and intercultural competencies
- Building up communication and readiness skills
- Gaining new working skills through supportive and friendly environment
- Opportunity to attend surf classes and tours provided by the company
- Experiences in hospitality and tourism
- Having an everyday excitement as the tasks can be very different every day
Do we offer any contribution?
Depends on the position. The Guesthouse Host gets free accommodation in one of our guesthouses plus some pocket money. Also free surf classes and a lot of team building events. For other positions students need to get the Erasmus grant as we are not providing any financial compensation to them.
What is the selection process?
- Cover Letter