Location: Poznan, Poland
Duration: up to 6 months
Working language: English (English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Catalan and Polish)
Who are we?
We are a big private language school offering language courses for older teenagers and adults (English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Catalan and Polish). Apart from general, business and exam preparation courses, the school organizes lots of additional events, activities and festivals, promoting European culture and the idea of learning languages and travelling around the world. The school also cooperates with schools situated in other European countries (the UK, Malta, Ireland, Spain, Germany, France, Portugal, Italy), offering students language courses abroad. The school is also an authorized ETS exam center, administrating exams in English, German and French.
Since 2012 the school has successfully hosted Erasmus, Erasmus+ and Leonardo da Vinci trainees from Spain, Germany, Finland, Croatia, Greece, Turkey etc. The school’s staff is mostly Polish but we’ve also got many native speakers of English, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese. We accept the internships wchich last from 2 to 12 months. The school offers a free language course (eg. Spanish, German, Polish etc)
We believe that teaching languages is much more than practicing grammar structures and new vocabulary. That is why, apart from traditional language courses, we offer our students lots of additional events and activities, promoting European culture and the idea of learning languages. By hosting a trainee we’d like to further improve cultural awareness of our students and teachers and make our language and cultural program for students more complex and regular.
What are the main tasks?
- organizing and supporting language & cultural events, activities
- giving guest lectures about his/her country, culture and traditions
- organizing language workshops and culture classes
- leading conversation club
- teaching teenager and adult students
- assisting students with individual learning problems during duty hours at school
- assisting teachers and students during language courses
- developing teaching materials, especially those related with cultural topics
- translation work
- preparing materials promoting culture and learning languages for school’s social media
- cooperating with language schools abroad
What do we expect from you?
Advanced knowledge of the given language (native speaker or a student of the given language department (pholology), interest in culture, good communication and intercultural skills
What knowledge and skills can you gain during the internship?
- language skills (efficient use of English and a course of Polish)
- pedagogical skills
- better knowledge and understanding of different methods of teaching/learning languages
- the competence of giving public speeches, lectures
- translation skills
- intercultural and communication skills
- the knowledge of the adult education sector and the market of language courses in Poland
- knowledge of coursebooks for learning languages available on the Polish market
- computer skills, the ability to use modern technologies in the classroom
- organizing skills
- teamwork abilities (project development, activities planning)
Do we offer any contribution?
A language course free of charge (classes of Polish and a course of a English/Spanish/German/Italian/French/Russian to choose).
What is the selection process?
- Cover Letter