Location: Dublin, Ireland
Duration: up to 3 months
Working language: English
Who are we?
We are s a multicultural site with information about living here, visiting and things to do, playing music from all around the world, running multicultural events and more. The components of our project consist on a Web Radio, a Web Site and a Multicultural Community, which are created to help people to feel included, informed and welcome through our website, radio shows and events. Our aim is to help people around the world unite through music with no barriers of borders, race, religion or politics.
What are the main tasks?
As a translator, you would convert the written word from the ‘source language’ into the ‘target language’, making sure that the meaning is maintained. If you are fluent in one or more foreign languages and you can write in different styles, this internship can suit you.
- reproducing the text clearly, accurately and in the style intended by the author
- using specialist knowledge, such as technical terminology
- researching legal, technical or scientific terms and consulting with experts to make sure the translation is accurate
- matching the culture of the target audience.
What do we expect from you?
No professional experience is required.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Good general knowledge:
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Fluency in at least two foreign languages;
- IT skills.
What is the selection process?
- Cover Letter