Location: Dublin, Ireland
Duration: up to 3 months
Working language: English
Who are we?
We are s a multicultural site with information about living here, visiting and things to do, playing music from all around the world, running multicultural events and more. The components of our project consist on a Web Radio, a Web Site and a Multicultural Community, which are created to help people to feel included, informed and welcome through our website, radio shows and events. Our aim is to help people around the world unite through music with no barriers of borders, race, religion or politics.
What are the main tasks?
The intern will be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our website. You will build our website from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function.
Our Radio have opportunities for enthusiastic DJs and radio presenters that want to join us in this innovative project, that aims to put together different people, cultures and musical expression. It is also possible to read news, weather, sport or other reports as you will be responsible for a section. You may have to coordinate with producers to develop program material while taking into consideration the type of show they are creating and requests from the audience. You may interview guests, talk with the audience and help with preparing content for the program. We are looking for people who have the ability to create dynamic and original shows consistently.
- planning, researching and writing their own scripts before broadcast
- be able to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences
- understand how to use the voice effectively for radio
- be able to communicate knowledgeably and engagingly with audiences
- have excellent communication skills and be able to draw information from people
- have knowledge of the radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics
- reacting quickly and positively to any problems or changes
What do we expect from you?
No professional experience is required.
The ideal candidate should have a keen interest in the radio station field and positive and creative attitude. The person has to demonstrate passion and willing to learn and actively participate in Babylon Radio’s projects. Excellent communication and relational skills are essential to fulfill this role position.
What is the selection process?
- Cover Letter