Location: Dublin, Ireland
Duration: up to 3 months
Working language: English
Who are we?
We are s a multicultural site with information about living here, visiting and things to do, playing music from all around the world, running multicultural events and more. The components of our project consist on a Web Radio, a Web Site and a Multicultural Community, which are created to help people to feel included, informed and welcome through our website, radio shows and events. Our aim is to help people around the world unite through music with no barriers of borders, race, religion or politics.
What are the main tasks?
We are looking for passionate Journalists to participate in the creative cycle of a news story by investigating and writing rich and unbiased stories. While many think of journalists of writing articles for print publications, journalists nowadays have to be familiar with technology and not only write for print publications, but for the web, on social media, take pictures, video and more. In order to survive and thrive in the journalism field, you have to be knowledgeable in terms of media familiarity and confident writing in various mediums.
- Collect, verify and analyse newsworthy information
- Assemble findings into a stable story
- Write and deliver news stories with the reader’s perspective in mind
- Receive assignments or investigate news leads/tips
- Abide by journalism’s ethics and codes
What do we expect from you?
No professional experience is required.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- An inquiring mind;
- excellent written English and a concise writing style;
- the ability to win the confidence of all kinds of people;
- high standards of accuracy; the ability to produce good work under pressure;
- a thick skin, to handle rejection;
- persistence and stamina;
- quick understanding – journalists often have to write with authority on unfamiliar subjects;
- a knowledge of the law as it affects journalism.
What is the selection process?
- Cover Letter