Location: Barcelona, Spain
Duration: up to 6 months
Working language: English
Who are we?
We love to travel, and we know exactly what people expect from hostels. We are committed to green practices, technology and anything to make our guests stay easier and cheaper without sacrificing comfort and convenience.
What are the main tasks?
- Welcoming guests and giving general information about the city
- Helping reception and bar with their daily tasks (customer service)
- Promoting and informing the guests about daily activities
- Helping to develop hostel events. (optional)
- Promoting the company on Social Media platforms. (optional)
What do we expect from you?
- Languages: The candidates must speak a good level of English. Spanish is not a requirement but a communicative level would be an advantage (as any other language).
- The most important thing is that the candidate is very communicative, dynamic, outgoing and always positive.
- Flexible to work and help in different departments.
What knowledge and skills can you gain during the internship?
- Using our guest data platform to analyse reviews and make suggestions in order to increase hostel revenue (analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Knowledge of hostel management software. (hostel management and reservation system used in our hostels)
- Improvement in chosen language competency.
- Learning marketing skills. How to promote touristic products effectively to clients.
- Conflict resolution skills, handling client complaints.
- Learning what constitutes a high level of customer service and using these skills to satisfy the client and increase the likelihood of a repeat booking. (customer service skills)
- Learning language skills and what is acceptable in a professional environment, learning how to refrain from using inflammatory language. (communication and interpersonal skills).
Do we offer any contribution?
- Free accommodation at the hostel shared with working colleagues
- Free buffet breakfast everyday (hot and cold food)
- Free laundry (once a week)
- Free entrance to nightclubs (every night)
- Free bike tour
- Free tapas experience
What is the selection process?
- Cover Letter