Location: Saint Etienne, France
Duration: more than 6 months
Working language: English
Who are we?
We are a school complex consisting of a primary school a middle school and a high school on the same geographical site (with children aged 3 to 18) and more than a thousand pupils altogether. We also have a boarding school. On a second site, we work with pupils on vocational training and students in marketing, industry as well as a preparatory class.
What are the main tasks?
The responsibilities of the assistant will be:
- to assist in teaching English to young children of primary school (aged 4 to 11)
- to introduce the culture of her/his country
- to work with teachers on specific language projects
- to help children become European citizens through gathering more knowledge about European cultures
- to help the institution promote projects as (language club, news, workshop during canteen time, help for “international week”…)
- to aid in English tutoring for certain students If necessary and to start with we can provide a room in the boarding school building. He or she will be a lot in contact with the language department teachers.
What do we expect from you?
English: Proficient User C1
What knowledge and skills can you gain during the internship?
The trainee will gain a teaching experience aas well as team working with the members of the language department.
Do you offer any contribution?
Financial compensation: 3.75 euros per hour Accommodation: possibility of accommodation – a room at the boarding school including meals (student room + access to the kitchen at the weekend for a start if necessary).
What is the selection process?
CV and skype interview.